VeganMoFo

Monday 28 September 2015

Vegan MoFo day 28 - Tacos VS Burritos. Where do you stand on this important issue?

This is indeed an important issue. As far as I'm aware, we don't have any decent Mexican restaurants where I live and as such when I eat Mexican I have to rely on the Santa Maria ready-made corn tortillas etc. They're not bad but I have a feeling those of you in America probably know your shiz way better than me when it comes to Mexican munch.

That said, for today's challenge I decided to make both burritos and tacos, in the name of science! It wouldn't be a fair test if I didn't explore both options thoroughly. And by thoroughly I mean stuffing my face with a couple of each.

I made chilli, spicy Mexican beans, guacamole, limey salsa and buttery spiced corn on the cob, and served with corn tortillas, cos lettuce  and taco shells to stuff. I contemplated making queso and sour cream but I don't really go for sour cream and I think queso would have been too much with the guac (I know, I know, I'm doing it WRONG).

I do love a taco. But these taco shells were shit. Far too small and ever so slightly stale which kind of ruined the taco experience. The corn tortillas were pretty good and held more filling than the tacos.
So I'm going to go with burritos for now, but I may just have to run a few more of these experiments, you know, for science.


2 comments:

  1. Making your own tortillas will make all the difference. Just all-purpose flour, fat, water, salt, and a rolling pin. All things you probably have in your kitchen right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did both in the name of science! :)

    ReplyDelete