VeganMoFo

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Vegan MoFo day 15 - OMG Barack Obama is coming over because he knows you make great vegan food. What are you going to make?

Ha, ok. Well I'm guessing he's probably tried almost every type of cuisine going and since he's turned up at my house uninvited, he can have what I'm having - Thai (ish) fish-less cakes with zoodles in a chilli toasted sesame sauce. Yerm. 

Ok so I normally have zoodles raw because I really like raw courgette but I thought the prez might want something warm since he's travelled thousands of miles to visit our cold, rainy country. 
The zoodles were warmed in a chilli sauce with some toasted sesame seeds. The fish cakes were made from chickpeas, panko breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, lemongrass powder, coriander, olive oil and chillies (all blenderised......that's a word, right?) then pan fried. It looked really beige so I added some sriracha because why not? It was lush. 


5 comments:

  1. I like courgette noodles but have never tried warming them, must try that! Looks like a tasty meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it's definitely pasta bake weather. I've not heard of high protein pasta before. I've been using Rizopia recently which is gf and made from brown rice but just tastes like normal pasta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen rizopia here, but I might have to get some from Amazon. I love the brown rice spaghetti that Dove farms makes so I'd probably love brown rice pasta, too.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, love this combination! Especially with the sriracha on top. I've never used lemongrass powder but that sounds like a nice spice to have in your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always used regular lemon grass but I don't think my hand blender would cope with making it smooth enough to go in a pattie, so powder seemed a good idea. I know a lot of people frown upon powdered herbs and spices but they're useful to have in the cupboard as you can't always get hold of fresh :)

      Delete